From the rules of our society…
The objects of the Association, which is a non-party political Association, shall be:
- To encourage and organise combined efforts to achieve the objects of the Association.
- To co-operate with the Statutory Bodies in looking after the affairs of the District and to secure the maximum fair expenditure of the rates and levies made by such Bodies within the District for the benefit of ratepayers, residents and visitors.
- To present a community voice to local and national statutory bodies, and other organisations where matters arise of concern to the general community or an individual association member. The committee may decline to assist an individual member if it decides the issue is trivial, vexatious or outside the committee’s ability to help.
- To encourage community participation in local and national democratic processes.
- To pursue and undertake any activity with the object of establishing, improving or preserving social, cultural or sporting activities or amenities, and the unique natural environment of the area.
- To co-operate with or act in support of any person or organisation in or towards the achievements of the objects of the Association.
If you think there’s a good reason to change any of the objects please get in touch.